About Mindset Works®
Mindset Works' mission is to enable a world in which people seek and are fulfilled by ongoing learning and growth. The Company translates lessons from leading universities into programs that schools can use to increase student motivation and learning. The Company's Brainology® program motivates middle school and high school students to take an active role in their own academic development and gives them the tools to succeed. Children learn relevant neuroscience along with study skills, a
combination that sparks their passion for learning and increases student
achievement. The Mindset Works® EducatorKit is an online course for teachers to learn instructional practices that foster student ownership over their own learning. These programs are available to students, educators, administrators, parents and anyone interested in learning how to improve their intelligence and abilities at www.mindsetworks.com.
The Brainology® online program was developed by one of the world’s leading researchers in the field of motivation, Stanford University professor Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D. and her colleague Lisa Sorich Blackwell, Ph.D. Their mission has been to research what helps students to achieve highly and to apply those lessons learned to improving their motivation and achievement. They discovered that developing a growth mindset -- the core belief that abilities are malleable and not fixed -- is critical to adopting learning-oriented behavior. Brainology is based on this research which they have pursued for more than 20 years. For more information on the science, visit our Science page.
Product: The Brainology® Program
Brainology® Brainology is an award-winning, online program that teaches brain science and study skills to middle school and high school students. In the program, students develop a growth mindset, the core belief that abilities, rather than being fixed, are developed over time. Research shows that this powerful belief leads to an increased focus on learning, greater resilience, and superior achievement. The program has been used in schools and homes in most U.S. States and several countries with enthusiastic reviews by teachers, parents and students.
In The News
For more news articles, visit our In The News page.
- Afiya Fredericks, Ph.D., Program Implementation Manager
- Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D., Co-Founder & Board Director(1)
- Eduardo Briceño, Co-Founder & CEO
- Ellen Konar, Ph.D., Board Chair
- Emily Diehl, Director, K-12 Professional Learning and Curriculum Design
- Gwen Harrison, Data & Operations Support Specialist
- Jane Amaral, Sales & Implementation Manager
- Janna Peskett, Director, Digital Content and Curriculum Design
- Jennifer Maichin, Education and Professional Learning Specialist
- Jennifer Poyer, Operations Manager
- Kendra Coates, Early Learning Curriculum Developer
- Lisa Sorich Blackwell, Ph.D., Co-Founder & VP of Design, Implementation & Evaluation
- Maria Kresa-Tipping, Customer Liaison
- Pauline Kostopoulos, Program Associate
- Steve Goldband, Ph.D., Co-Founder
- Sylvia Rodriguez, Ph.D., Research Director
If you have any questions contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.
(1) Carol Dweck has no current financial interest in or income from Mindset Works.