Classroom Strategies to Foster a Growth Mindset
Resources for Teachers
Research on the growth mindset shows that students who believe they can grow their basic abilities have greater motivation and higher achievement than do students who believe their abilities are fixed, and that teachers can influence students’ mindsets. The beginning of the new school year is a great time to establish your classroom as a growth mindset environment.
Here are some tools that you can use to lay a foundation for growth all year:
1. Growth Mindset Framing Tool
2. Welcome Back letter for students
3. Effective Effort Rubric
4. Growth Mindset Feedback Tool
5. You Can Grow Your Intelligence article
6. Class Motto activity.
7. the Brainology® blended learning curriculum to bring a growth mindset to your students.
8. the Mindset Works® EducatorKit teacher professional development and tools.
9. Brainology® across Subject Domains.
10. Brainology® Classroom Posters to remind your students of growth mindset habits.
And finally, check out this video about all the additional resources we offer to help educators and students build a growth mindset: